Who are we in the international relationship office in the UEES?
The Universidad Evangélica de El Salvador (UEES), through the International Relations and Cooperation Direction (DIRCI in Spanish) is implementing its strategy of Internationalization of Higher Education, which contains eight main axes:
(1) Internationalization at home.
(2) Academic mobility.
(3) Curriculum internationalization.
(4) Internationalization of research.
(5) International accreditation of careers.
(6) Interconnection of University Networks and Associations.
(7) Joint publications with Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) at the International level.
(8) Educative Projects management and implementation with support from International Cooperation.
DIRCI team works with the Faculties, who, through their Delegates for Internationalization, will look for mobility options that are in line with the academic, research and social projection interest. This allows participants not only to have an experience with credits in their subjects, but also to project them internationally to build their networks of peers, who will be supportive throughout their professional career.
The internationalization of education is a transversal and strategic axis in the UEES, so our authorities and the academic and administrative units are contributing for our students to have the opportunity to participate in mobility throughout their career. The DIRCI team will always be ready to guide and advise students who are interested in participating and who meet the minimum required applying for this option, either with academic credits or as part of their graduation process.
We remain at your complete disposal to support you in all matters relating to International Student Mobility, whether at the level of degree, postgraduate and specialization.
MSSc. G. Patricia Avilés de Morán
Axis of Internationalization of the UEES
• Internationalization at home: Through the participation of invited international teachers in person and virtual conferences. Dissemination of experiences of students participating in international student academic mobility.
• Academic Mobility: Student and Teacher Exchange Mobility Programs; short mobility and up to one year, extracurricular activities, internships and internships as degree requirements.
The Regulations for International Student Mobility outline the way in which the UEES will carry out its mobility processes and who are involved in the different stages, to ensure that each experience enriches mainly the participants and brings knowledge to the institution, which also contributes to the Higher Education of the country through the strengthening of a global citizenship. For more understanding, a Student Mobility Manual has been created for students leaving the UEES and for those who visit us. (attach documents to create links in web page)
• Internationalization of Curriculum: Introduction of international contents within the undergraduate and graduate curriculum. The Post Graduate School advances towards the implementation of classrooms of excellence in partnership with U. Carlos III of Madrid. Also a Diploma course for the Professionalization of Sanitary Management Based on Results through distance education and use of simulation, as part of its experience in the execution of LASALUS Project (Erasmus +).
• Internationalization of Research: Joint research with international institutions; Reception of International Researchers; participation of International Academic Missions.
• International Career Accreditation: The UEES received the international accreditation of the Doctorate in Medicine on 30 July 2015 from the International Network of Assessors (RIEV), which has been renewed until 2018. The Doctorate in Dental Surgery is in the process of being accredited.
• Interconnection of Networks and University Associations: Members of the Association of Medical Students of the Evangelical University of El Salvador (ASEMED) carry out short students interchanges through the networks to which they belong (IFMSA, PAME). The Faculty of Dentistry performs short mobility through the relationship with other HEIs and International Associations.
• Joint publications with IES at International level: Industrial University of Santander (Colombia); Universidad Católica Del Maule (Chile); University of Buenos Aires (Argentina); University of the Valley (Colombia); University of Baylor (USA); University of Illinois, United States; School of Higher Studies in Social Sciences, France (EHESS)
• Educative Projects management and implementation with support from International Cooperation: The UEES is constantly looking for opportunities of educative projects management and execution with support from International cooperation such as USAID, European Union, Spain Cooperation, among others.
Msc. Patricia de Morán
Director of Relatons and Interntional Cooperation
Universidad Evangélica de El Salvador
Telefonos:. (503)2275-4000 Ext. 4060